My job is to make sure that we come through for our clients. This means staying on top of professional accounting and auditing standards and tax laws, bringing the right resources to bear on client engagements, and rolling up my sleeves to help get the job done. In a nutshell, it means my primary role is communication; with clients to ensure that the firm fully satisfies their needs, goals and objectives, and with our professionals to ensure they are clear on tasks, budgets and timelines.
We have always talked “team” at this firm. While that term runs the risk of overuse in business settings, we don’t apologize for it. It is who we are and how we practice.
I’ve been on teams for as long as I can remember – sports teams, choirs, musical casts and boards of directors. Teams are filled with people who buy into the team concept and who are invested in their roles. The best team members realize that their role can change depending on circumstances and the needs of the team. Sometimes you shoot the ball, other times you pass to a teammate. Sometimes you sing a solo, other times you blend in with the chorus.
Good teams understand their collective goals and individual roles. Our team’s goal is to contribute to the success of our clients. We know we have succeeded when our clients consider us part of their team.
Education and Licensing
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Accounting (cum laude), Linfield College
- Licensed to practice in the State of Oregon
- Professional and Community Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), Member
- AGN International, Board Member
- Youth, Rights & Justice, Former Treasurer
- Portland Baroque Orchestra, Former Treasurer