Going to a liberal arts university, I had the opportunity to take a wide variety of classes, which initially led me to an interest in chemistry and environmental economics. It wasn’t until graduate school that I realized my interest in chemistry was more of a hobby than a career. I was fortunate to find my passion for accounting while working for a small, family-owned business.
I have worked in public accounting since 2010, and at HSS since 2012. I enjoy the challenges and constant learning involved in public accounting. No two clients are exactly the same and the changes in the industry force me to keep my skills and knowledge current. The team culture at HSS keeps the work fun and creates a positive work environment for everyone. I also like working with our clients, who enjoy what they do and care about the missions of the organizations they work for.
Education and Licensing
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Chemistry, Economics (magna cum laude), Willamette University
- Master of Science Degree, Financial Analysis, Portland State University
- Licensed to practice in the State of Oregon
Professional and Community Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), Member
- Western Pension & Benefits Council (WP&BC) Portland Chapter, Board Treasurer
- Women in Pensions Network (WiPN), Member
- HSS Nonprofit Industry Team, Member
- HSS Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, Member