I’ve always liked putting things together. Whether building a VW from scratch or building something out of wood, I have spent a lot of time trying to figure things out. That instinct to solve puzzles, plus the fact I was born on tax day, has kept me pretty certain this was the job I was destined to have.
Clients are my priority. They know I work hard to take care of them and trust me because I follow through on my promises. I make my deadlines, meet my commitments and do everything I can to help my clients make theirs. I am most happy when I feel like a member of their team. The best part of this job is working with small shops, watching them grow and prosper. It is great when the advice I give makes a difference to their success. I take a complex financial world and break it down into elements my clients can use.
When you’re in this profession, whether you’re new to it or seasoned, it is important to realize that you don’t know what you don’t know. You always have to be open to learning. With that in mind, I enter every engagement as an opportunity to grow, learn and teach. It is important to understand we all make mistakes, and it is equally important to learn from them and move on. Remember, if you’re not making mistakes, you’re not learning.
When you work hard for people, they work hard for you. But, it is also important to play hard: no one wants to work with someone that is all business and no personality. Levity and humor are as important in the workplace as anything else. If you can have fun doing this job, I guarantee you will be successful at it.
Education and Licensing
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Business Administration, Accounting, Portland State University
- Licensed to practice in the State of Oregon
- Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP)
Professional and Community Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), Member
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA), Member and Past Treasurer
- Surety Association of Oregon (SAO), Member
- Oregon-Columbia Chapter of the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), Participant
- HSS Construction Industry Team, Member
- Northwest Utility Contractors Association (NWUCA), Member