I joined HSS in 2013 because of the culture of teamwork and respect I felt when I met them. It wasn’t an act; something put on to attract candidates out of school. It was something more. It had been there from the start, written into the firm’s DNA at inception. In business as in life, how you treat others matters. I knew if a firm treated me like this as a job candidate, they would give the same level of service and respect to their clients. I wasn’t wrong.
I’ve had the fortune of working with many different clients over the years primarily in the areas of construction, non-profit, and financial aid. I’ve worked with organizations both large and small. The constant across all of my clients has been the collaborative relationships I’ve built with them. I truly love working with my clients as part of their team. I relish the opportunity to answer questions or provide guidance to help them achieve their goals. It is the client relationships that make me love public accounting.
Education and Licensing
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Telecommunications, Indiana University
- Post-Baccalaureate Degree, Accounting, Portland State University
- Licensed to practice in the State of Oregon
Professional and Community Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA) and Nonprofit Strategic Committee, Member
- Oregon Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, Affiliate Member
- HSS Construction Industry Team, Member